For your trekking convenience, we suggest that you read along the following cultural tips. Knowing the local habits must be one of your best friend in traveling. DO:
* Smile and greet people, especially elders.
* Shake hands, gently
* Accept hospitality and food. You do not have to eat and drink, but it is polite to accept.
* Say goodbye and thank you when you leave
* Dress modestly Women should keep upper arms and thighs covered.
* Bend down and walk around seated people when you need to pass
* Use only your right hand to eat and to hand objects or money to someone
* Be sure to sit at the same level as other people
* Enter house, building or village without being invited
* Wear shoes inside a house
* Point at people with your finger. Don’t ever use your foot to point at objects or people
* Point the bottom of your feet directly at people whilst sitting on the floor
* Touch anyone’s head
* Step over people of food on the floor
* Eat with your left hand, or use your left hand to give or accept objects or money
* Raise your voice, especially in anger